The workshop was spread over three days.
- Sessions for making the clay idol were held on 30th July and 31st July. The participants were taught how to make the clay idol from ground up by using very simple tools and no use of mould at all.
- A week’s time was kept for idols to dry up and then the session for painting those was held on 7th August.
I am also in the process of planning out couple of more such workshops in coming weeks. Let’s see how things turn out.
Here are some photos of the event.
1. Employees were encouraged by the company to bring their family members for the workshop.
2. Ganapati idols kept for drying.
3. Participants engrossed in painting the idols.
4. Here is a happy participant, Aarti, with the idol she made and painted. Thanks Aarti for sharing the photo!
I’ll keep updating this post as participants send me their photos.